Chinese For Dummies
Author: Wendy Abraham
Date: 2018, 3rd ed.
The fun way to learn to speak Chinese
With more than 1.2 billion speakers across the globe — and with nearly 3 million in the U.S. alone — Mandarin Chinese claims the top spot as the world’s most common language. If you want to learn this language to get ahead at school or work, or to make your travel to China easier, this is the handy reference you’ll want by your side.
Chinese For Dummies teaches basic grammar, as well as the necessary vocabulary to make introductions and greetings, use proper etiquette, make small talk, make transportation arrangements, order food and beverages, ask directions, deal with money, shop, access recreation, and handle an emergency.
• Concentrates on Mandarin Chinese and features new and revised content
• Includes major updates to all the necessary foundational information needed to speak Chinese
• Covers grammar, verb conjugations, and pronunciations
• Offers a refreshed mini-dictionary complete with even more vocabulary
• Find free conversational audio tracks online
As the Chinese economy continues to grow, the importance of Chinese as a trade language will also increase. If you’re a student or business professional who has a basic understanding of the language, you’ll be poised to surpass your peers when it comes to dealing with international markets. So get started today!