Author: Antonia Clare, Frances Eales, Steve Oakes and J.J. Wilson
Format: PDF, MP3, MP4, EXE
American Speakout follows a balanced approach to topics, language development and skills work. Speaking activities are prominent, but not at the expense of the other core skills of reading, writing and listening, which are developed systematically throughout.
- Authentic, real world language, challenging activities and recycling of language builds student confidence in understanding context and communication.
- Video clips and interviews on the street expose students to a wide range of language and accents, familiarizing them with English as it is spoken.
- Course encourages students to talk and write about their own experiences to help them as they practice.
- Clear objectives in every unit help students focus on what they will achieve so they can see how they are improving.
- Speakout gives students practice in working collaboratively and building communication skills that are essential for study and the workplace.
- GSE/CEFR mapping helps students track their progress and see the relevance of what they are learning.
Student Book with DVD-Rom: – Ten to twelve units in each level with 90 to 120 hours of teaching material; – Comprehensive Language Bank with detailed explanations and extra practice (Photo and CommunicatIon Bank) and Vocabulary Bank to expand vocabulary; – Audio and video scripts.
Class Audio CD: – materials for use in class that include international accents and authentic listening texts
Workbook: – Additional grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation exercises to complement material in the Student Book; – Additional functional language practice exercises; – Additional reading, listening and writing practice; – Regular review sections.
Teacher’s Book with Resource & Assessment Disc: – Teacher’s notes for every unit with warm-ups, fillers, alternative suggestions, culture notes and answer keys; – Generic teaching tips on useful areas such as grammar, lexicon, American pronunciation, using video, etc.; – Photocopiable grammar, vocabulary, and functional language worksheets for every unit; – Class audio and video scripts, tests and answer keys.
ActiveTeach: – includes integrated whiteboard software that allows you to add notes, embed files, save your work and reduce preparation time.
In this post: starter, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced. All levels have SB, SB audio, WB, WB audio, VIDEO, TB, Teacher’s Resource Pack, Active Teach.