Author: David Grant , Robert McLarty
Publisher: Oxford University Press
ISBN: 0194572110, 0194573400
Pages: 176, 90
Format: PDF, MP3
An updated edition of this complete first course in English for business. Business Basics now leads on to Business Focus – the new course for pre-intermediate Business english students.
Who is it for?
* Busy professionals already in business.
* The material features real companies and individuals, and authentic texts, providing relevant study for Business English students. The new edition contains 90% new material, providing a fresh and updated context for the language work.
* The syllabus remains language-driven, giving learners the thorough grounding in basic structures and skills which they need at this level.
* A new pronunciation syllabus provides work on word and sentence stress, intonation, and other areas such as contracted speech which learners at this level often find problematic.
* Each unit covers a theme of general relevance in the business world, such as ‘Dealing with Problems’ and ‘New Developments.’ The units are now even in length, with clear headings to identify different types of activities.
* A slower pace in the early units ensures students are at ease with basic structures before moving on.
* There is a balanced approach to skills work, including regular practice of real-life listening situations.
* Systematic revision and recycling takes place as the course progresses.
In this post: SB, WB, audio.