English for Careers : Tourism
Author: Robin Walker, Keith Harding
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Pages: 145, 100, 146, 97, 144, 95
Format: PDF, MP3
Tourism 1 – Pre-Intermediate (A2-B1);
Tourism 2 – Intermediate (B1-B2);
Tourism 3 – Upper-Intermediate (B2-C1).
Tourism is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate levels, who will need to use English in work situations. Tourism is divided into three levels: Provision, Encounters, and Management. Each of these levels develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, whether working in an administrative or managerial role.
* Focuses on the functional language needed to succeed in the job. Grammar, vocabulary, and skills are all contextualized in real work situations.
* An aspirational approach includes It’s my job profiles of real professionals, and specialist facts, figures, and quotations on every page.
* Writing bank or Reading bank gives practice in working with specialist texts.
* Contemporary, easy-to-navigate design with an In this unit learning menu and an end-of-unit Checklist with CEF Can-do tick boxes.
* Revision and extension with Projects and Webquests, a student’s website with consolidation exercises from the unit, and a handy Key words list at the end of every unit with the essential vocabulary.
* Teacher’s Resource Book provides a specialist background to the area for every unit, plus easy-to-understand tips, additional activities for mixed ability classes, and Grammar tests and Communication worksheets.
Every level with SB, TB, audio.