Life 2nd edition
Author: Paul Dummett, John Hughes, Helen Stephenson
Publisher: National Geographic, Cengage Learning
Date: 2019, 2nd ed.
Format: PDF, MP3, MP4
Language: British English; Beginner-Advanced
This is the British-English version of the 2nd edition of LIFE.
Welcome to Life, an exciting new six-level adult series that turns learning English into an exploration of the world we live in. Drawing on National Geographic content, Life transforms the learning experience into a fabulous journey with irresistible images, articles and videos that engage students like no series before. Bring Life into your classroom!
– Comprehensive grammar, vocabulary, functions, pronunciation and skills syllabuses address the needs of contemporary students, and then Life goes one step further to enrich communication and critical thinking.
– Grammar is presented in context with full explanations and extensive additional support.
– Vocabulary is introduced thematically with further focus at lexical and morphological levels in Word focus and Word building sections.
– Real Life lessons model and practice everyday functions and pronunciation is dealt with in depth.
– Every lesson ends with a productive outcome, such as speaking or writing.
Life is a breath of fresh air in terms of teaching material. The books really reflect how I feel as a teacher and my concerns about the environment and life issues which is far from the usual trite content about the rich and famous found in the other course books currently available.
Now in a new Second edition, National Geographic Learning brings the world to your classroom with Life, a six-level integrated-skills series with grammar and vocabulary for young adult and adult English language learners. Through stunning National Geographic content, video, and engaging topics, Life inspires a generation of informed decision-makers. With Life, learners develop their ability to think critically and communicate effectively in the global community.
Life Student’s Book with DVD:
– Engaging tasks with fascinating National Geographic content.
– Fully integrated National Geographic video for each unit.
– Review at the end of each unit.
– Grammar reference with practice activities.
Life Workbook with Audio CD:
– Further practice and linear progression of Student’s Book contents.
– Focus on learning skills.
– Sample IELTS tests allow learners to benchmark their learning.
Life Teacher’s Book with Class Audio CD:
– Detailed teaching notes with lead-ins, additional activities and answer key.
– Notes on vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and useful background information.
– Photocopiable communicative activities and tests.
In this post: Beginner (SB video, class audio, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice), Elementary (SB, SB video, class audio, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice), Pre-Intermediate (SB, SB video, class audio, WB, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice), Intermediate (SB video, class audio, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice), Upper-Intermediate (SB, SB video, class audio, WB, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice), Advanced (SB, SB video, class audio, workbook audio, TB, wordlists, grammar practice)