Essential French Grammar
Author: Mike Thacker, Casimir d’Angelo
Essential French Grammar is a student-friendly French grammar designed to give learners a firm foundation on which to build a real understanding of both spoken and written French.
Clear explanations of grammar are supported by contemporary examples, lively cartoon drawings and a variety of exercises.
Key features of each chapter:
– each grammar point explained initially with reference to English
– parallels between English and French provided where relevant
– ‘Key points’ box and tables that summarise grammar concepts
– real-life language examples in French, with English translations
– a variety of exercises to reinforce learning
– a contemporary primary source or literary extract to illustrate grammar in context.
A glossary of grammatical terms in French and English, useful verb tables, and a key to the exercises are also provided, making this an ideal resource for both independent and class-based learners. Essential French Grammar is an innovative reference grammar and workbook for intermediate and advanced undergraduate students of French.
(CEFR levels B2 to C1, ACTFL Advanced Plus to Superior)