PONS Dictionary Premium – German/English
The extensive PONS dictionary German – English PREMIUM functions entirely offline and contains 930,000 keywords, phrases and translations – the standard work for professionals. It’s the ideal helper for your studies and at work.
Do you need English for your work? Or do you often look up words while reading or while composing copy or presentations in English?
In that case, this offline dictionary is the perfect translator for you.
_ _ _
PONS German – English dictionary PREMIUM:
• Bi-directional: German > English and English > German
• With more than 390,000 key words and phrases and more than 540,000 translations
• With a basic vocabulary, as well as specialist terminology from the fields of business, computer sciences, law and natural sciences
• With lots of example sentences and information about grammar and language use
• Detailed examination of British and American language usage and of the regional differences in language that prevail in Austria and Switzerland
• Inclusion of all styles: from colloquial to literary
• Provides 100% offline functionality
_ _ _
What can the app do?
• Easily translate ON THE GO: As the dictionaries work 100% offline, they are ideal when on the go.
• HANDWRITING look-up: Use your finger or stylus to conveniently write the search term in the search box.
• VOICE RECOGNITION look-up: Activate voice recognition and enter your search term by speaking into your smartphone or tablet (only for smartphones with Google voice recognition, Internet connection required).
• Translate WHOLE TEXT PASSAGES: Do you like reading texts on foreign Internet websites? Texts that you copy into another application, such as the Internet browser, can be looked up word for word directly in the app.
• Looking for EXAMPLE SENTENCES? Use the full-text search to search through all the entries. This gives you example sentences or phrases from other entries.
• Look up CONJUGATED VERBS: Look up keywords in English, French, Spanish, Russian in any form (declined or conjugated).
• BROWSE through the dictionary: You can easily scroll down to the next entry in the dictionary.
• Learn the PRONUNCIATION: You can listen to the way many of the keywords are pronounced. The sound recordings were spoken by native speakers. (Audios are only available for English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian)