Basic German : A Grammar And Workbook
Author: Schenke H., Miell A., Seago K.
Date: 2016, 2nd ed.
Basic German: A Grammar and Workbook comprises an accessible reference grammar and related exercises in a single volume.
The book introduces German people and culture through the medium of the language used today, covering the core material which students would expect to encounter in their first years of learning German.
Each of the 29 units presents one or more related grammar topics, illustrated by examples which serve as models for the exercises that follow. These wide-ranging and varied exercises enable the student to master each grammar point thoroughly.
• Clear grammatical explanations with examples in both English and German
• Authentic language samples from a range of media
• Checklists at the end of each unit to reinforce key points
• Cross-referencing to other grammar chapters
• Full exercise answer key
• ‘Did you know?’ sections with extra learning tips on specific grammar points and insights into current usage of German
• Glossary of grammatical terms
The new edition has been thoroughly revised, including more varied exercises for practice, and grammar points have been reformulated to use a more learner-centred approach.
Suitable for independent study and for class use, Basic German: A Grammar and Workbook is the ideal reference and practice book for beginners, as well as for students with some knowledge of the language.